- Thoughts Concerning Anti-VEGF Treatment for Radiation Retinopathy and Radiation Optic Neuropathy
- During the 2012 American Academy of Ophthalmology’s (AAO) Retina Subspecialty Day, there was a panel, “Tumor Management: Radiation,...
- Small Choroidal Melanoma: To Treat or Not to Treat, That is the Question!
A suspicious choroidal nevus with orange pigment.
EDITORIAL: Treatment of Small Choroidal Melanomas
The New York Eye Cancer Center, New...
- About Iodine-125 and Palladium-103 Plaques
A gold eye-plaque (front and back) and silicone insert - seed carrier.
Ophthalmic plaque radiation therapy is the most commonly used "eye and...
- Compare the Results of Iodine-125, Ruthenium-106 and Palladium-103 Plaques
- Eye Plaque Results: Treatment of Choroidal Melanoma
In a (2009) publication*, Dr. Finger created a table summarizing the results of the largest major...
- Do You Speak Ocular Tumor? The 11/10/2008 AAO Course in Atlanta
- Language is defined as the human use of spoken or written words as a communication system. Sharing a common language allows us to communicate our...
- What you need to know about Proton Beam Vs. Plaque Radiation Therapy
- Proton Beam Radiotherapy
Proton Beam Radiotherapy: Graphic demonstration of an anterior beam moving through the eye to the tumor.
This form of...
- ACRONYMS: For patients treated for metastatic choroidal melanoma.
BCNU - Carmustine DTIC - Dacarbazine ELND - Elective Lymph Node Dissection FNAB - Fine Needle Aspiration Biopsy IE...
- Think of Sunglasses as Sunblock for Your Eyes ™
- Ultraviolet Radiation
The sun gives off many forms of energy. Visible light from the sun helps us see the world around us. Other forms of light are...
- Enucleation: About Ocular Prosthesis Care
Ocular Prosthesis Image
Q: How do I remove my prosthesis?
1) First, wash your hands.
2) Then you should place a towel over your lap or sink to...
- The Finger Classification of Radiation Retinopathy
Photograph demonstrating early radiation retinopathy characterized by cotton-wool spots and intraretinal hemorrhages.
Owing to the lack of a...
- Travel Assistance Information
- General Information Lodging Air Transportation Financial assistance and referrals
For starters call the National Cancer Information Center in Austin...
- Overview of the Treatment of Metastatic Melanoma
- Metastatic Choroidal Melanoma
If you are newly diagnosed with a primary choroidal "intraocular" melanoma, you are likely to have no...
- Surgical Techniques for Eyelid Tumors
Tumors of the eyelids may be benign cysts, inflammations (stye’s), or malignant tumors (skin cancers). The most common type of...
- Low-Energy Plaque Construction
- COMS-type gold seed carriers typically can be ordered in 6 sizes in 12-20 mm diameters (Trachsel DentalStudios,...
- Collaborative Ocular Melanoma Study (COMS) - Publications
- The Collaborative Ocular Melanoma Study
Collaborative Ocular Melanoma Study Publications: Peer-review papers only: Dr. Finger is a...
- Collaborative Ocular Melanoma Study (COMS)
- Small-sized Choroidal Melanoma Study
Small melanomas can be watched for growth prior to treatment. Should growth occur, then the patient knows...